Posted on March 13, 2020
How To Setup The Netgear Range Extender Ex7300 Through WPS?
There are multiple ways to setup the range extender. Today, we are going to share the steps to configure the Ex7300 using the WPS push button.
The best way to connect the extender to the network is by using the WPS button provided the router and extender must support WPS.
Steps to connect extender through WPS are:
- Set the AP switch to extender mode.
- Place the router and the extender close to each other.
- Plug the extender to the power supply and press the WPS button after some seconds.
- Press the WPS button from the router within two minutes after pressing from extender hardware. The WPS LED if it starts blinking indicates the connection between the devices is successful.
- Unplug the extender and place it at the desired location approx. halfway between the router and area with poor connectivity.
- Plug the extender to the power supply again and wait for the power LED to turn green.
- Using the router LED to help locate the extender inthe right position for optimal signal strength.
- If no LED glows on the router, then bring the extender close to the router or read the Netgear WiFi Extender login instructions from the online website.
- From the wireless devices, open wi-fi and connect to the new network. If you have single SSID enabled, then the existing network name will be used.
- The existing network name generally consists of the following name; Mynetworkname.
- If you want to change the SSID go to Netgear setup wizard WiFi range extender page.
- Check the network strength of your extender by moving the wireless device to the area with limited connectivity of the network.
- Check client LED on Ex7300 range extender. If it is solid green, then it indicates that the signal is successfully reaching the poor Wi-Fi area. If the LED is red, then there is a problem with the Wi-Fi connectivity.
In this manner, you can configure the Ex7300 using the WPS button. If you need any expert guidance in this regard, you can contact at the toll-free number.