Leave a Comment
Posted on January 17, 2020
Choosing the Right Skylight for Your Home
There are various kinds of skylights available for your home. Skylight is a nice addition if you want to bring natural light into the room or to create a feeling of light and space.
There are five main types of skylights: fixed, ventilated, tubular, flat glass, and the dome. Always choose Natural Lighting Products to meet your daylighting needs.
Image Source: Google
• Fixed skylights provide additional light and make a great addition to the loft, family room, or any place where you want more natural light.
• Vented skylights can be opened and closed to allow the passage of air. It makes a nice addition to the bathrooms and kitchen, and they can be controlled by temperature sensors, remote controls, wall switches, and manual crank or motor.
• Tubular skylights are one of the latest styles. They are popular because they are small and can be used where full-sized skylights will not fit.
• Flat glass skylight built into the frame and can be placed directly into a hole cut in the roof you. Typically, flat glass skylight includes all materials and their installation is one of the easiest to install.
• Acrylic Domed skylights are the most accessible, especially as compared to the glass alternative. Such skylights are available in a variety of colours, making them attractive to add to any home or space.
Now you know a little about the types of skylights are available, you should take some time to consider their function.
Obviously, skylights provide added lighting day, and they may even offer ventilation. However, the heat gains and losses is also a consideration you have to make.